Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Beautiful mistake

I must have been drunk last night. I could have simply crossed the road from Plaza Singapura to the National Museum. No! I had to walk past the Istana (the local equivalent of the White House) and walk towards Winsland House to realise that I was actually walking in the opposite direction to where I was going.

No harm done, I thought, I just have to walk backwards on the side of the road that the museum was located. Alas! This route was separated by a tunnel and I ended climbing up flights of stairs towards Fort Canning Park. It was a little scary as there was no one around and I had to walk through an underpass of sorts.

Thank goodness I saw Wesley Church and knew my way from there. It took me a good half an hour to get to my destination but I must say, it was a good workout and I got to see many new buildings and shops, that I never knew existed before.

Why was I going to the National Museum? I was there to watch a film called Switch. It's part of the Singapore International Film Festival.

No comments:

Post a Comment