Friday, April 18, 2008

Unproductive...

It has been an unproductive day. Besides the fact that I bought a pair of rainboots online via my friend, I did little else. It is, like what Spacecake says, "waiting for ORD".

No, it is not that I want to rest on my laurels. It's just that it had been an eternity with all those children visiting me and me, telling them stories and bringing them on a tour. It is sheer physical and mental fatigue that some bosses failt to see. I have had bosses that felt that a storytelling is just a storytelling. That you can just plonk it wherever you like, pepper it even over the weeks and months of the year and...just do it.

They do not realise that a good storyteller uses every cell in the body to conjure a good story and that it is tiring to do so. Anyway, that is all in the past.

I decided to see what was going on int the world as I realised that the debate about Tibet and China is still going on strong. While I choose to go for (sort of middle ground) for this issue, my housemate was very clear on who's side she wants to stand on. The SgForum is full of arguments and everyone is taking sides.

The thing that I am interested in is who's truth they are looking at? Whether it be Western media or Eastern media, it is still more or less through the eyes of the reporters. Plus, no matter how well read we are, we can never know the truth unless we have been there.

For now, I just hope that the whole world will respect the Games and let the fire be passed on in the name of peace and not use it as a springboard for something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment