Thursday, April 10, 2008

About the film, Swift

It is a film from Kazakhstan, about this coming of age story of a girl called Ainur.

I was half expecting that the whole cast to have golden blond hair but I had to remind myself this place had some Asian-looking people too. To me, they looked like Chinese and Russian mix, but I may be wrong. There were this mother and daughter actresses who, to me, looked Korean. I thought Korean because they had pretty close ties with Russia.

However, when the show ended and when everyone was leaving, I heard this girl say Japanese and Chinese something or other. Eh... I know I am not supposed to eavesdrop, and I am not sure if she was referring to the cast, but I do not think that the mother and daughter were of Japanese decent.

Anyhow, it showed the very poor side of Kazakhstan alongside the very rich. One boy in Ainur's school was fetched by the Dad in a Lexus. Very stack difference and a great juxtaposition.

Anyway, am looking forward to watching another two more films during the festival. All that was planned before, watching in a group and what not, came to naught and I think for the first time, in a very long time, I enjoyed my own company. It was refreshing.

No comments:

Post a Comment