Wednesday, April 16, 2008

What happend to my windscreen?

Well...I am not sure. I think, it got vandalised. It started with a small crack on the driver's side and the crack became hairline crack and become a much longer crack across the screen. I drove in constant fear that it would fall on me.

It was not my fault. It cracked when Dad had the car.Phew! Why? If not, I will get more than an earful from him. We almost did not manage to fix it for insurance company only covers damages that are reported within two weeks (oops! Perhaps I should not say too much).

For weeks, anyone who sat in my car asked the same question and gave the same kind of exclamation. Well, I had to tell them that it will not fall on them and we are going to get it fixed.

Anyhow, we got the car manufacturer to fix the screen but they told us that we had to go look for our own tinting 'masters' and of course, we did (read my previous post)!

Somehow I get this feeling that we were a little 'cheated' though, even though we did not have to pay a cent. The sales person told us she would absorb the tinting cost of the whole car (but she was quite reluctant at that time for she felt it was eating into her commission). It came up to $750. Today, when we asked at the car workshop, it only cost about $300 odd to do up the whole car!!

No loss on our part but just felt that the girl was not honest enough?? Hmmm.... Anyway, my cousin drives a Mazda too. If I ever wanted to get a second Mazda, I might just look for his sales agent instead. His willingly threw in the sporty (shorter) radio antenna for free, while ours refused flat out. Maybe, in her eyes, we were asking for too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment