Friday, April 4, 2008

Food for thought


Duck Salad

Cuban and pulled pork sandwich
Had my off day yesterday and decided to go to this place called Food for Thought with another colleague of mine. They are touted to serve pretty good, gourmet style kind of sandwiches.

This has been a long awaited visit to the restaurant for the thought of sandwiches for dinner never did come across as that filling for us and we always scraped the idea. Finally! I was going to try their pulled pork sandwich and all that raving over the Net just made me hungrier by the minute.

I had the Cuban and pulled pork sandwich with carrot soup while my colleague had the Mama Heng's spicy pork sandwich, which was the 'ang mo' equivalent of 'kong bak bao'. Tres deliceux! We also shared a duck sandwich which was altogether heavenly.

I would have ordered dessert except that I was so full I could hardly stand up properly. I contemplated going back in the late after for desserts but then again, it was already late afternoon when we finished our meal as we wanted to avoid the formidable lunch crowd.

Definitely worth going back for!

No comments:

Post a Comment