Tuesday, April 15, 2008

The good business before the wrap up

It strange how things that felt so dreadful to do somehow become things that you kinda enjoy doing. Strange too, how business comes knocking on your door when you are about to wrap up for good.

My last day will be officially the 15th of May, but recently, the phone has been ringing non-stop and the emails keep coming in as more and more schools would want to collaborate with us. I realised later, of course, that they had their own targets to meet this year.

It's strange because it does not seems so bad after all. The teachers are starting to be nice and my targets are being achieved.

Nevertheless, I do not have regrets about leaving this half a thing (as opposed to whole thing, because I will still be working part time) for awhile and go out there to explore new things.

Anyhow, teachers are hard to please though, for although they are much nicer towards us, they are still very picky and fussy. Just this morning, I got a call at 8.20am asking me where my staff was (they were supposed to be at the school setting up for 'business'already). I had to tell her I don't know for I was not at the office (yet), which was the truth.

Funny thing was that she insisted I give her some form of reason and perform some kind of magic so that my staff will appear before her. Had to tell her frankly that the road conditions might be bad as it is the peak hour and there may not be cabs etc, etc... teachers...sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment