Thursday, January 1, 2009

Because there was no Philospohy, therefore everything is longer Krispy

I was all excited when I first confirmed my trip to Hong Kong. I thought was going to get to eat Krispy Kreme again! I also thought I would be able to stock up on my Philosophy brand of shower gels and handwashes.

Fact is though, both of them are gone, gone, gone. We spent a good part of the afternoon searching two Wing On Plus Department Stores. No Philosophy at the TST (Tsim Sha Tsui) East branch but had a Santa giving me a candy cane instead. Walked all the way down past the Jordan MTR to the original branch that I bought the products from and it was no where to be found. I shall resign to my fate and order them online. Only consolation is that the exchange rate now is very advantageous to me.

Then of course, there was the tell-tale sign that Krispy Kreme was gone. We headed straight for the outlet at the arrival hall at the airport and that spot was empty. There were air con vents around this pillar but where the counter used to be, is now a thorough fair for people going to the other side of the building.

A search on our hand phone Internet proved our worst fears were true. The company had gone bust in October (must be shortly after I checked out their website coz when I did, they were still operational). But now, all outlets have closed. Boo-hoo!

The nearest Krispy Kreme would be Korea then, but how often would I go there?? I would have to be contented with my memory of that one very delicious doughnut that I had one and a half years ago, just before I took my plane ride back home.

p/s: Title is not meant to make sense. Just wanted to have some fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment