Thursday, January 1, 2009

Slow

I think I am kind of resigned to my fate that I am born with short legs and is destined to be slower than most. When I walk with my Dad, he is always flying ahead of me. You see, he is the traditional man who does not wait for the woman. Well, not really. He will wait for awhile when you shout and lets you catch up with him a little before 'taking flight' again. :)

This Hong Kong trip was mostly like this too. Half the time was spent trying to catch up. I find myself half running at times and by the second half of the second day, I decided I did not want to catch up anymore. If I am slow, I will be slow. I did not want to tire myself out too much. What if I got lost? It is Hong Kong. I will be able to find my way back to the hotel with little or no problem at all.

Not only that, I find that I am slow in a lot of other things too. I take that much longer to keep my wallet, to go to the ladies, to bathe, to pack, unpack. Well, you get the idea but I have decided to do it on my own terms. After all, I am on holiday and I need to relax.

Anyhow, I thank my travel companions for their patience. I can get carried away and linger at one spot for what seems like an eternity. That's the emotional part of me at work :)

No comments:

Post a Comment