Thursday, January 1, 2009

Special NYE celebration

This year, I did not plan to go out with one whole big group. In fact, I did not really plan anything at all. I thought I was going to spend new year's eve (NYE) alone at home or eating a quiet dinner with the family.

It was just two days ago when my Chinese colleague asked me what I would like to do. I hurriedly came up with an impromptu plan and she agreed upon it. We were going to work first (no choice right? Luckily it was just half a day) and then go watch a movie. After the movies, sichuan hotpot cum hotplate dinner before proceeding to karaoke.

The yin yang pot. One side is clear broth while the other is the killer chili hotpot.

Closer look at the chili hotpot.


Today being a special occasion, we asked for hotplate too. Costs a little more than usual ($16 instead of $13) and those are chicken chops that you see.

All went as planned and we managed to get ourselves a room at Kbox! We sang from 7 to 10 o'clock. Oh! and the movie we watched was Bedtime Stories by Adam Sandler. We totally had a great time.

No comments:

Post a Comment