Monday, January 12, 2009

Rush what: The stupid thing about technology

I hate things that rush me. I used to loath the CashCard that beeps whenever it hits $5 and below. It irritates the hell out of me. I used to 'praise' the SMRT EZlink card, which allowed one to use till it is negative and still go for one more journey if it is within a certain time period.

All this is going to change with that stupid SEPAS card. It blinks every time you flash it on the card reader of a bus or MRT barrier. It will remind you that the value in your card is low and today, it was even worse. I still had $1.85 in my card and the barrier refused to open for me and told me to top up my card!!!!!!!

I think all these stupid reminders create unnecessary stress to our already stressful lives. It does something to my nerves every time the CashCard reader beeps in my car or when that card reader flashes the light to remind me to top up.

Another very irritatingly stressful piece of shit is that timer that you get whenever you purchase something online, especially film or performance tickets. I am talking specifically about Cathay website and that stupid Sistic website.

It would remind you of how much time you have left before your seat would be given up. You see, it is a countdown clock. Makes one really stressful and go really crazy. What is worse is that it has this option of whether you would want to continue browsing and if you had more than one ticket to buy, of course you would! See, the system works in this way that if you make several purchases all at once, you only need to pay for the collection fee once. If not, you would have to pay $0.20 for each transaction.

Of course, if I wrote in a complaint letter to Sistic, they might probably politely blame it on my Internet speed, which I think is utter nonsense. I think that 10 minutes is hardly enough time for anyone to browse through anything else except t quickly get their ticket.

The countdown clock just stresses one out by making them jump like a mad person, grabbing their wallets, taking their credit cards out and trying to check what that whole bunch of numbers on their credit cards are. Ridiculous!

Why all these ranting?? Because I am sick and tired of being pushed to do something (especially buying tickets online) and I AM the customer so why rush me??

No comments:

Post a Comment