Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Last Christmas

I only used this title because I have been hearing Wham!'s song of the same title over and over, from Singapore to Hong Kong.

There is a sort of melancholic happiness to this whole Christmas. Don't get me wrong, my travel companions, you have been great. I am just talking about my own love department.

I still don't have the guts to tell that special someone that I like him so. He is so near and yet so far away; so reachable and yet so unattainable. I have to keep reminding myself that he is just a friend by saying it out loud and repeating myself to friends that he is "just a friend" or "as a friend, I...".

I know, my girl friend must think that I am telling such a big fat lie. She must think, "Ya, right! As a friend indeed!"

I can't help it. That is the only way to keep myself in check and not to do or say anything that would jeopardise the situation.

Yes, I may also come across as cowardly to some but I would rather still have a friend than to regret making the wrong move. Therefore, this Christmas, like last Christmas, I am still single. Not sure about the swinging bit, but definitely single. The melancholic bit is (for me I guess) that I am getting used to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment