Thursday, January 1, 2009

I am RETRO-fitted

The last time I remembered buying second hand clothing was from the Co-op Shop in Australia. That must have been yonks and I still remember how excited I was to have paid $5 Aussie for a pair of Levi's, never mind the model (or rather five-0 what). To me, owning a pair of Levi's at that point of time was like owning a Gucci bag of sorts.

Fast forward to 2008 and we were just walking along the streets of Causeway Bay when the sharp eyes of one of my travel companions saw this interesting looking shop that was situated on the second floor.

To tell you the truth, I have never dared to venture onto second floors. I was brought up with this notion of suspension mixed with fear whenever we had to go up some narrow, old-looking staircases. Never walked up one of those in my many years of 'pilgrimage' to Hong Kong. Yeah! Go ahead. Call me a coward, but at least now I have tried.

Went up anyways and what a pleasant surprise! Lovely retro stuff that I could not get enough of. Some of them are originals but they also use different parts of two old clothes sewn into new ones! Never thought it was my style but I was able to find quite a number of stuff to suit myself and that suited me fine :)

Take a look at how pretty they are!


This particular piece uses old scarfs to make into a baby doll dress. I was so fascinated by the idea that I bought two pieces with two different scarf patterns. Each piece is different in that no two scarfs are the same.

I know you can't quite see this one but it is an old picture of a bridge somewhere. Perhaps I shall take a pic when I am wearing it. Would be clearer. I have another piece in the same pattern but different picture. It has men from a slightly different era standing around. The picture of that dress is in my camera, which I have yet to 'touch'. Will update this posting soon with complete pictures from camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment