Saturday, January 17, 2009

But for the sake of one Cheong Sam

We had a pot luck party on Wednesday, 14th Jan. My Chinese colleague and I had to explain the different customs and practices of Chinese New Year. My boss also requested that we buy something like Cheong Sam to go with the occassion!!!

*Gasp* I have always hated that Cheong Sam shit, but the thought of buying new clothes just got me going. Went to Vivo City and there as a whole spat of Cheong Sam go-cart stalls but none, and I mean NONE I could fit into.

One of the stores even tauted that the cut was European cut but with only size M left, I could only put it on but not button up!! Aaaargh!!

Then came the shop called Utopia, which sold Nonya inspired modern pieces. Really went crazy!!! As I might I have said before, I consider myself half a Peranakan (Straits Chinese or Nonya) even though I am not. Bought I Cheong Sam made of batik and some. Smiled all my way home.









Had fun explaining and had fun eating all the goodies!! Now, must go do some workout and watch that waistline :P

No comments:

Post a Comment