Sunday, October 5, 2008

His messages, His will

After good food and some shopping exercise, I went for evening mass at the Cathedral of the Good Shepherd (Saturday evening mass).

I was quite urgent and had to go to the ladies first as service was going to be an hour long. I passed by a nun selling something. At that point of time, I was wondering what they were selling now and how was I going to reject if it was something that I did not need.

Turns out that the Sister was selling 2009 calendar. They were celebrating the bimillenium year of St Paul. I remembered some time last year, I also bought a calendar from the Franciscan brothers as they were celebrating the year of St Francis of Assisi.

I found the whole buying calendar experience very short but...strange (for the lack of a better word). First of all, the Sister told me that their shop is based at the Church of Risen Christ, the church I am frequenting now. I had tried to look for the bookshop the last time I went to church, but did not manage to.

Sister managed to confirm that the bookshop I was looking for was the correct location. She also told me that other than Monday and Thursdays, they are always open.

Then, as if she knew or maybe she could see it written on my face or there might be some sign (or maybe they always ask any girl or lady that comes along), she asked me if I wanted to find out about religious life and about vocations.

At that point of time, my mind just went blank and I could only hear a humming sound in my ear and I really want to cry out and ask her so many questions. Anyway, she said something that eased my mind a little. She said, "Just be open to what God has to say to you".

I was still all confused when God gave me another task to do. The stranger beside me had asked me what is going on just before receiving the body of Christ (Holy communion). I told her that if she was not baptised, that she does not need to receive the body of Christ. She can just pray at her seat.

I thanked God for letting me help a stranger and thought that was that, but we continued chatting as walked out of church. Turns out she is from Vietnam and she is studying here and comes to this church quite regularly. She wanted to know more about God and about the Catholic Church.

I told her about RCIA and then, for the lack of ability to explain, I told her I will email her the links to such information instead.

Amid all this confusion, I think He wants me to go deeper into my faith and have an even better understanding of it first before making my next move.

Anyway, I think God is ever-present in my life and shows His presence in the most unexpected ways. He also has the most interesting way of conveying His messages. Sometimes, I am very confused and my mind goes berserk trying to 'decode' what He is trying to tell me. In the end, I don't try at all.

2 comments:

  1. "I will email her the links to such information instead" ... that's so librarian-like. :)

    Anyway, just trust God to lead to the correct path. Have fun exploring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha...I know, I know. It has become quite an S.O.P for me when I am trying to get out of a situation whereby I do not have immediate answers.

    Anyway, I think after I have cleared my thoughts and made peace with God, I am glad that He is now more and more a part of my life than ever before.

    Thanks! I will have fun.

    ReplyDelete