Saturday, October 4, 2008

Shiok Shokudo!

Met up with some Primary school girlfriends today. We went to eat at Shokudo, Raffles City. I had wanted to check out what the hype was all about as there was always a long queue on Fridays.

It is also touted to be the Japanese version of Marche, where one just uses a card to 'buy' stuff and only pay when we exit the restaurant. I find that there were dishes like pasta and rosti that should not have been there. They are quite un-original and unnecessary.

There were stuff that were very Japanese and I enjoye those very much. I especially liked the yakitori and sashimi. There is something that I wanted to try but did not get to, and that is the oden. It is actually, as they have stated on heir display dish, Japanese yong tau foo. I have always seen people eat oden at Mr Sushi, but never did have the courage to order it. Now I know where else I can go to, to eat oden.

As for the yakitori, they have quite a variety for you to choose from and there was something that I ate for the first time and found it very delicious! That was the quail eggs wrapped with bacon. Yummy!

There is also mochi which I did not try, but because I prefer savoury things, I have put it off till some other time. Coffee was not bad and acording to one of my girlfriends, the hot chocolate is actually not bad too!

We sat there for like a good two to three hours; from full house till not too many people at all. The only complaint is that they kept repeating the same CD (music) over and over again. We eventually left because of that. No, nt really. It was getting cold and we were all very full and wanted to do some 'excercise'.

It was a very pleasant afternoon with one of them asking us what is the meaning of life to us. Or rather, what drives us to wake up every morning. This led to a whole series of chats about work, children and lots of other stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment