Sunday, October 12, 2008

YES! Hong Kong, here I come!!!!

I almost thought that it was not going to happen but it did. I managed to pluck up enough courage to ask for leave towards the end of the year and it was approved! Before, I was not three months into employment yet, and was afraid that it would not get approved.

Hee! Hee! Now that it has, I rushed to book air tickets and hotel. I met with many...challenges. Firstly, my first choice hotel, Kimberley Hotel was charging way too much at $123 per person per night. Plus, they might be fully booked up too. Managed to find a cheaper choice: Ramada Hotel Kowloon. This was also at Tsim Sha Tsui (TST) area, but Octopus.com could not give me an instant confirmation as they were just making the reservation on my behalf. They still had to wait for the hotel to get back to them before confirming with me again. It would be another 48 hours of anxiety.

Then one of my friends, who did not reply immediately, decided the next day to go with us (there were already two of us). The air ticket part was easy. Either book the same airline but sit separately or book a different airline altogether and then meet at the airport. Hee! I forgot my friend has never been to Hong Kong, while I...have been going there almost every year since...I can remember.

The problem was in the hotel booking as I only booked a room for two and with the pending confirmation, I was worried sick (that is just me). Then I received this email saying that my booking at Ramada Hotel was not successful. They suggested Empire Kowloon Hotel.

I have stayed at this hotel before and it is a really beautiful boutique hotel, but I also happen to know that it was not cheap. Dad, who has become online hotel booking expert, told me to go to agoda.com. Hee! Hee! Managed to book another hotel from there and it was an instant confirmation.

The other little issue left is that, the last friend's leave is still pending approval. Keeping fingers crossed. If leave is approved, then I will proceed to amend the hotel booking.

Whatever it is, I am rearing to go and have already started planning where to go! Definitely going over to Shenzhen to get me-self more cheap but good shoes!!!!! Plus, it's the season for boots too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment