Wednesday, October 1, 2008

What a lazy day kind of day, except...

Was supposed to go to Ubin with my colleagues today, but the weather wasn't too promising. It was threatening to rain. We all decided to sleep in.

Watched some TV, did some blogging (as you can see from my previous postings) and planned to go watch a movie on my own. Then I learnt that one of my grand aunts have passed away. This saddened me quite a bit as she was my favourite grand aunt. She was always laughing loudly (like me) during any sort of family gatherings, which is usually at birthday and wedding dinners. Her older sister was the more sarcastic one and never fails to tell you off.

Anyway, still went to watch Mama Mia! but with Dad and Mum instead. Quite surprised that Dad would want to watch it as he is quite picky about movies. The are certain genres that he just would not watch. I guess Meryl Streep got him to go and watch it.

We went to Downtown East, which was not too bad at all, except Mum did not like the noise or crowd one bit. It gave her a splitting headache. I was just having fun, eating Superdog hotdog and enjoying the movie. I was tapping my toes the beat of the music most of the time.

Said part came when we went for the wake. Although I know that she has been called home to be with the Lord, I just feel really sad still. I just went to visit her on September 1st when I had a Teacher's Day holiday. Little did I know that it will be my last.

I guess this is my wake up call to visit my own granny more often, as always find some kind of excuse not to. Maybe subconsciously, I do not want to see them get old, but I do know that time is running out and I should not delay any longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment