Wednesday, October 1, 2008

KPE

Went to my grand aunt's funeral wake for the second night in a row. Was a little excited as I was going to travel on the new KPE tunnel from the other direction for the first time (usually, I go towards city and head off to PIE, when the tunnel was not fully in operation).

Going towards Punggol was quite smooth-sailing. There were cars (as it was about 8 plus at night) but it was not traffic-jammy sort of irritating situation. The best part was I was going home from Punggol. At first, there were only 2 cars: one car in front of me and...my car!!! It was so empty and the feeling of almost having the whole road to yourself, was wonderful!

Driving on a little, after passing Airport road exit, there were a few more cars that joined us: two to be exact. Not bad at all. Of course, it was eleven plus at night and the traffic on the road would have been sparse. This being a new tunnel at that, just made it even more so.

Love the KPE for now. Just wondering when it will become overcrowded again, just like all the other major expressways.

No comments:

Post a Comment