Sunday, October 12, 2008

My weekend

What can I say? I live for weekends. I played mahjong at my aunt' place again. There was good food for everyone, including the family dog Browny.

Passed by pet shop two days back and remembered to buy him something. I was his favourite person for the moment as he realised that I was the one with the good stuff. Usually, he would look at us longingly as we eat and yet not get any. This time around, he is one happy dog!

Today, had a family day, sort of. Went to have breakfast at Whompoa Market and then went to church. Dad decided to go to the library while waiting for me. By the time I we were done, it was time to eat again. Dad was still mulling over what to eat when I suggested we go to Hup Seng Duck Rice at Sin Ming. YUM!!!!!

I was in duck heaven when we managed to have braised duck and the duck soup with pickled vegetables (or Itek Tim if you are a Peranakan/Straits Chinese). This place is super popular and if you go any later than 1.30pm, be ready to eat the air instead.

Even at 1pm, my Dad was worried that the braised duck would have finished. I was sent to see whether there were still any available while my Dad waited in the car. There was no queue. I quickly ordered before calling my Dad on his cell to park his car. That was how 'exciting' the situation was.

After I have ordered, a long queue formed again and by the time we finished eating (which was about half an hour or so) there were no more braised ducks hanging on the rack anymore. We counted ourselves lucky. *grin*

After eating at two of our favorite haunts (amongst others) we went home.

No comments:

Post a Comment