Sunday, August 3, 2008

Wonderlust

Phoa!!!! Went to the NATAS fair today. There were lots of people but I guess we were considered early.

No, I am not going anywhere, although I wish I were. I was there to be Madame 8 (i.e. be a nosey parker). Got lots of information though, plus 2 free bags! Hee! Sounds a little cheapskate but this time around, that particular insurance company gave out pretty good bags.

Anyway, no harm in collecting information for next year. Even if I do not get to go anywhere in the end, I could put my research and homework aside for when I DO travel. I guess the idea that I will be going somewhere someday already makes me very happy :) Plus, I became a sort of mediator for my friends when they could not come to terms on things.

Conclusion of the fair? I think (and this is my personal pov) all the agents sell the same things at the same prices (with a difference of a few dollars). It is only how they market it to attract the consumers' attention.

There is no such things as cheap or cheaper fares. It is all the same. One will be better off buying air tix and booking accommodation via the Internet. Of course, by this I mean if you are going free and easy.

If you want to go to strange land that speaks any language that sounds alien to you and want that help from tour guides very much, then you might find more variety here at the fair.

Nevertheless, this IS a fair that allows tour agencies to have high visibilities and to sell their products. Just that today, my friends and I did not get what we want.

No comments:

Post a Comment