Friday, August 22, 2008

"Run Forrest, Run!"

I did the unbelievable. I signed up for the StanChart Marathon 10KM run. I have been contemplating doing this for several years now. I just did not have the guts to do it. I always told myself that I was not ready.

I certainly was very out of shape and definitely not fit. I am not saying that I am fit now. I only went down a bit due to my job requiring me to be on the move constantly and use up parts of my muscles that I never knew existed before.

Nevertheless, I still need to train for it. I cannot expect miracles to happen and be able to run 10KM just like that. In fact, I am also feeling a little ambitious and might also want to sign up for the New Balance Run.

Why the determination this time around? I reckon if I do not put my foot down and sign up, I will never train. Hopefully the thought of spending $50 will spur me on to train and run. Plus, I have been talking about it for such a long time now, I think, like my present job, I should take action.

Got my cousin ( the same one who is giving me the bike) to sign up as he gets a discount. He has got a StanChart account. Hee! Some savings here again...Tres happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment