Sunday, August 3, 2008

Boxing up memories

This would probably my last time going up to that place. That place which I called my matrimonial home for about a year or two. The three Shalom Movers boxes and the one luggage sat neatly at a corner, waiting for me to pick them up.

I showed my ex-housemate (ehm) and her hubby around. It would be his first, and last time anyway. I snapped some photos of the master bedroom, the master toilet, the curtains and so on. Pieces of furniture that I gave ideas to or chose. Corners I used to spend time at.

I did not feel anything then. It is only now, in retrospect, that I feel a kind of sad beauty about the whole process. Both of them helped me to pick out the unwanted stuff, throw them away and from 3 boxes, we scaled it down to 2. Good enough for me.

I took out my ROM frock and showed it to my ehm's hubby and I even took out the mass programme and recounted how my ehm's ex got angry with me just because she was spending time with me to prepare the mass booklets. Haha!! I also took out the white shirt that had been stained blue by my ex simply because he dumped whites and coloureds together for washing.

There are indeed lots of memories, but like the boxes, I am ready to close them up and move on with my life. When I do finally clear them, I will make sure that all that is left are happy memories and no bad ones. That will be part of my healing process.

1 comment:

  1. Hey girl. Glad you are closing this chapter in your life. Well, since you closed it, don't look back ya. Cheers to better and happier times ahead.

    ReplyDelete