Monday, August 11, 2008

When personal grooming becomes public

This morning, when I boarded the bus, I chose to sit beside this lady. It was not because had much choice but because this new bus design is such that if I were to sit on seat after and be sitting next to the aisle, on foot would be dangling for about 40 minutes and I will be struggling to balance at every turn.

Like I said, I wish that I had a better choice, but there were no seats left. This woman, was applying some eucalyptus smelling lotion on her hands and arms. I thought that was it. No!!!! She started applying the lotion to her neck area and was lifting her blouse to reach those unreachable areas beyond the neck!!!!

I was very agitated by her actions and decided to whip out my L'Occitane Cherry Blossom Perfume Gel so that I do not have to smell her eucalyptus smell and show her that her actions are not very welcome. I could already hear some coughing from a passenger from behind.

Guess what? The lady beside me, took her lotion to rub lots of it on her nostrils. As if she was rubbing Vicks.

After she was done moisturising (which should have been done at home anyway). She kept fidgeting with her phone, her hair her everything else. I HATE THIS KIND OF PEOPLE. Fidget, fidget, fidget. Super irritating. I used to get really affected by people like that. This time though, I just prayed and not get (so) affected.

When she was nearing her destination, she whipped out her lipstick to apply. Of course, my mum does this as well. I still cannot really do it in public though. The most public I would go is the public toilet to apply my lipstick.

When she was about to alight, instead of excuse me, she asked me, "are you going down as well?"

DUH!!

I just believe that certain should be done at home before leaving home and not done in a very public area. It is just like how I feel about cutting fingernails on the bus and or MRT.

Well, all these are my personal opinions. I am sure, there are people, who would read my blog, and still do the same thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment