Saturday, August 30, 2008

What a day!

Yesterday was actually quite a bad day for me. The public bus that was supposed to bring me to work broke down three quarters of the way. Had to take a cab to work. Even though it was not too far away, it cost me the whole of ten bucks due to the peak hour charges.

It did not help that there was a major jam along the same road where my bus broke down. I later found out, from the comfort of my cab that another public bus of a red and white kind had met with a terrible accident. The whole front panel had come off and there was even a police car there to inspect.

In the evening, I waited for a good 15 minutes before the bus came to bring me to the nearest MRT. I was already running late. I guess I had forgotten to factor in waiting time. Then, on my way to Raffles Place, the MRT stopped for much longer than usual at one of the station stops. Made me even later. My cousin was already waiting but luckily, my aunt and the rest of the party have not appeared. They were even later.

It's ok though, for we had a whale of a time and I got to see nephew Rayee! I managed to stop his crying (for a while) as we were trying o train him to change his feedings from 3-hourly to 4-hourly feeds. I think Rayee and I are off to a good start. Hee!

A reasonable dinner was rounded off with very delicious desserts from Ricciotti rushed and bought by my eldest cousin. They sell their desserts at half price after a certain time. We were nearby there and they went to queue up. They were lucky to be first in line as they managed to buy up the last panna cotta, which was oh so delicious!! Next best thing would be their tiramisu, even though my aunt would beg to differ. She thinks that is the best out of all the sweets.

Hmm...all these sweets leave sweet memories and cancels out the bad stuff that happened throughout the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment