Monday, January 28, 2008

Of twigs, twines and creepers

Last Friday, my housemate and I met up for dinner and shopping.

When we took the MRT home, there was quite a 'sight' to behold, a free-for-all show. We were seated in the 2-seater, near the divider between 2 cars of the train. Right across from us was a young Malay couple. The girl was very 'tired' and was trying to find a comfortable position to rest. All this while, her hand did not leave the 'sight' of her boyfriend's (I presume) thigh. In fact, it rode higher and higher up his groin.

They finally came to a comfortable 'position' whereby the guy put his bag pack on top of his lap to act as pillow for the girl. While my housemate did not really think much of it, I wandered out loud (to her of course. Not that loudly)as to whether he was covering up something else of his own!!

Just when we thought this was way too much PDA (public display of affection)my housemate informed me that from her POV (point of view) there was something more 'exciting' going on. This Chinese couple was standing at the divider, entwined together, engaged in very serious smooching, make out.

My housemate and I could not stop giggling like silly school girls. I wandered if these kids (which I have no doubt they are) were so desperate that they needed to have such PDA. Go find a room!!!

My housemate reasoned that it is because they have no money and they don't have their own pad that they therefore resort to this.

Because I could not see from my side , I kept asking my housemate for updates of the Chinese couple.

"So, what is going on now?", I ask.

"Hmmm...mmmm....it looks like the whole face kena* swallowed. Muarhahahahaha......!", chuckled my housemate.

We looked at each other for like, one second, and laughed some more. All the time, trying to stifle our laughter for fear that we may get beaten up (NOT!)

By now, I think the Malay couple caught our drift and they started behaving themselves a little more. Or was that the look of irritation on the girl's face? She shouldn't be.

Then my housemate updated me:"Woah! Now the girl touching the guy's butt already!"

I wondered,"How is he going to get off the train without showing his rock down there? Carry her like a mannequin to block it? Oh, his t-shirt quite long. I think can cover lah! Hahahahaha!"

My housemate then gave me the idea for the title of this posting. She said the Chinese couple looked like twines and twigs (because they were so skinny and entwined together). She did not know what to name the Malay couple and so I suggested "creepers". Creepers grow close to the ground and expand kind of sideways. Their actions look like just like that.

I hope that these couples realise that this sort of PDA is not cool at all. It is a very juvenile sort of action. If the public want to watch, they have every right to. The couple in question cannot blame them for staring as they were the ones who chose and decided to make out in public anyway.

I used to feel embarrassed for such couples and embarrassed to watch them as well. Now, I sort of stare shamelessly in the hope that they realise that it is not nice doing this in public and to stop. Teens being teens, they seldom do.

No comments:

Post a Comment