Thursday, January 17, 2008

Han-gul

Yippeeeeeee!!! I just signed up and paid to go for Korean language lessons and it's going to start in February!

I CANNOT WAIT!

I am going to study with my colleague, which means I can have someone to practise it with. Hopefully, after 10 weeks of lessons, we can at least manage some simple conversation.

I still find it unbelievable though, how a simple Korean drama can set off a whole domino effect on a country's everything. From it's economy to it's culture.

Even for this tour that I went for in December, the tourist spots that we visited were based on the actual filming grounds of the different drama serials. It was also through its drama serials that I learnt about how Koreans are very respectful towards their elders: they do not see them directly in the eye, but lower their heads when speaking to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment