Thursday, January 17, 2008

Left? Right.

Yesterday, two of my China-Chinese friends left for their hometown, China.

If it were me ten years ago, I would have been exceptionally emotional. I would have gone to the airport to send them off and I would have cried buckets.

Not that their friendship is not important to me. It is in many ways, and more so than some of my other friendships. It is just that over the years,I think I have mellowed. There is not much energy left in me for such...melodrama. All my emotions, all that I feel, is kept aside, in one corner of my heart, somewhere.

We came to know one another about one year plus back. There's a lot that I have learnt from them and hopefully, them from me. We spent many good times with one another too. These are good enough memories for me.

Well, at least I know that with the help of technology, we will still be connected.

Actually, I don't know how to describe how I feel now. It's a bit like losing a limb and I still cannot feel a thing- Numb. I think it is going to be like that for a while...but it will pass. At least I still have other friends around :)

No comments:

Post a Comment