Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Lotte World

Yesterday, went back home to give my neighbour's kid some stuff that I bought from Lotte World. It is a HUGE amusement park and I wish we had more time there. In fact, Lotte is a huge conglomerate. It produces foodstuff, it has a fast food chain...will touch on it soon. I know this is long overdue but I thought I would reminisce a bit.

We only arrived there in the very late evening and it just did not feel right to go to an amusement park at night. Anyway, we had the Big 5 tickets, which meant that we could go on any 5 rides. The tour guide told us that we could either follow him to take the monorail and then split up, or split up right away and explore on our own. We, of course chose the latter.

Every ride had a incredible waiting time of 60-90 minutes. We were so flustered coz we did not want to wait so long. Anyhow, we decided to take the Gyro Swing. It was crazy coz it was situated just by the Han River and when we sat on it, it felt like we were going to be thrown into the river!

The wait was long, very long and I had to pacify the others in the group who were waiting with me. At first, I was really worried as I was carrying quite a big bag (to put all my shopping into) but I soon realised that there were special boxes where we could deposit our bags while we enjoyed the ride. Unlike in the picture (which is not quite clear) there was a bubble plastic cover to shield us from the strong winds that were blowing.

The funniest part was that every time before the ride started, the person in-charge would say," Go, go, gyro, uh-huh!" That just made me flip every time!

I must commend these people who operate the games though, be it Everland or here at Lotte World, they have to maintain this happy, and sometimes high strung mood. They have to keep talking in between too, when they are 'loading' and 'off loading' people. Although, really, I have no idea what they were talking about as it was all in Korean. Even if it were in English, I would not have a clue as their accent is way too deep for me to catch just in a snap.

Anyhow, I might just go back to Korea once I have mastered the language.

No comments:

Post a Comment