Saturday, July 26, 2008

Down memory lane

Went to this God forsaken place last Thursday with my Primary school friend. It was not really God forsaken to me though as I grew up in the vicinity. My mum used to buy groceries from this place, I sneaked out of the house with my cousin to buy stationery when we were young and got a flagging from my mum.

This quaint little place is called Eng Kong Garden. Hidden in a row of nonchalant shophouses is this unassuming cafe-eatery called Cafe Fahrenheit (I think. At least I got the Fahrenheit bit right).

The environs of Eng Kong have not changed much. Even the low-rise flats opposite the shophouses did not change. Memories came flooding back. It felt so good to be back there. It was quiet and peaceful. I hope this does not change. I know that change is sometimes inevitable but I really hope otherwise.

The food we ate was fantastic and I was really full. My friend had the steak while I had the lamb stew with sweet potato gnocchi. They even have Sunday brunch but the owner (I assumed) told us that the cafe will be closed for awhile for some management change but will re-open in a month or so.

Here's a pic of the wonderfully scrumptious food we had:


Oops! forgot to take a pic of the dessert coz it was so yummy that we were busy finishing it all up!

No comments:

Post a Comment