Thursday, July 3, 2008

A very unlikely place to relax

When I say petrol station, what would conjure up in your mind? Simply a place to pump petrol, get that occasional magazine or cigarette pack and go?

Well, I found this quaint 'little' petrol station that conjures up the most unlikely feelings in me. First of all, they sell "premium Australian beef and mushroom pie" and they have got Old Chang Kee stuff. YUM! Plus, they have a small corner with bar stools and table, overlooking the ever-busy main road.

I never imagined that I could ever find solace and quietude in a mere petrol station, but I did. The flavour of the beef pie brings back memories of Mrs Mac's pies from Australia (except that it is even better) and downing it with Starbucks Frappucino after, just makes my day. I know, I know, I am not supposed to like Starbucks and it is a lot more expensive than the Pokka canned coffee, but it sure tastes good. I'll remind myself that it is a little luxury that I can only drink once in a while.

Old Chang Kee does not open till later in the morning, but it is good in that way for then, I do not have to stop myself from the temptation. Too much fried food will make me grow so fat.

It is really a quiet little place to rest and relax without being disturbed. It is situated somewhere along Dunearn Road so if you really have the time, do have a little hunt for it. I wonder how many such petrol stations do exist here in "the little red dot".

Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment