Sunday, July 13, 2008

Have we become lazy people?

There are many car owners that forget to turn on their headlights at night and are travelling dangerously or 'dangerously' on the roads. Just the other day, I saw 2 cars without headlights turned on at night, again. Then I saw that it was a Lexus and I said to myself,"No wonder, it is a Lexus. They have auto sensors and the lights come on automatically when the car system detects that the surroundings are too dark."

Then I thought to myself again,"Is it really that bright on the roads, or have we become too reliant on technology?"

Why that question? Because, as I go into the Ladies (sorry gals), I see wades of paper stuck you know where. I know that there are also auto sensors that can detect when our bums leave the seats, but hasn't anyone heard of experienced first hand, faulty sensors?

For me, I always check before I leave the cubicle, just to make sure that whatever needs to disappear, disappear. I think it is a part of social etiquette. Even if a cleaner auntie is there to help us make the toilet cleaner, we should still be more socially responsible. I always give myself the supposition that who knows that one day, I might have to clean other people's toilets.

Well, I try. I am no angel and people cannot change overnight. We just have to tolerate one another and life goes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment