Friday, July 25, 2008

I did it. Again.

I did it. Again. This time with more conviction. I informed my old work place that I would not be able to continue to work part-time for them and I told my new bosses that I will be working with them full-time from August. Like the last time that I signed up for my diploma course, I feel this sense of relief.

I guess having a permanent job DOES give one a sense of stability and security. I am so much poorer in monetary terms but yet, I feel so much richer in terms of health and spirit. I guess it is an opportunity cost that one has to take.

Now, and only now, can I say that I have fully closed a chapter (at least work wise) and completely starting a new one. It was a gradual lead up to this new chapter and I am glad it happened this way. It allowed me to get used to the new environment and there were lots of learning opportunities and my bosses gave me lots of chances to learn and grow. They hand-held me and yet, they let me go when necessary, so that I could learn to do things on my own.

I have also come to the realisation that although now, I am supposed to have more time for my friends, I actually have less!! I will need to re-learn how to divide my time amongst the different group of friends :)

3 comments:

  1. congrats on your decision! all the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, mate! I feel that this is my calling..at least for now:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. well, we go through phases/chapters in our lives. so, i guess this is what you'll be doing in this phase/chapter of your life.

    ReplyDelete