Thursday, July 10, 2008

Curiosity killed the cat

After I left my company of almost 8 years, I still went back to work as a part-timer, sometimes showing my 'face'.

On the one hand it is good to be back but on the other, it gets a little tiring when everyone is asking you the same question: "You are now a permanent part-timer?", "You resigned? When?", "What are you doing now?", "You must be a rich woman to do this (NOT!)", "How many hours are you working now?", "How much do they pay you (a little on the rude side, I think)?", "What?! You have to go to Woodlands as well?Why?", "So what DO you do?"...the questions go on.

Well, for most times, I can pick out those who are really concerned about me and those who just want to 'kay-po' about what is going on in my life. Those are the real irritating ones.

Anyhow, I am yet at another crossroads. This new place that I was working part-time for has asked me to go full time. Not that I do not like it. It would mean that I fully belong to that place and not just a part-timer.

That would mean that, that I may have to give up THIS part-time job, which was my original profession. Sigh...decisions, decisions.

1 comment:

  1. I would say, listen to your heart. If it says go for it, go for it. Besides, it would be a complement to your upcoming course as well rite? :)

    But saying that, I also understand the 'hard work' put into getting you THAT part-time job as well...hehe.

    ReplyDelete