Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Gratifying + Satisfying

Last night, went out with my ex-colleagues (for convenience I will call them that. In fact, I should use the term "part-time colleagues" now that I am just a part-timer there).

Anyway, they met up with me to give me my 'farewell' present and have a meal together. We went to Downtown East where it had a new part added to it. That new part is where the cinema was located. The most amazing thing is that it had an indoor Ferris wheel that I was so tempted to take a ride on.

The restaurant of choice was simply called "BBQ Chicken". It was a Korean chain and I recognised it as the one from Lotte World. They had a unique way of packaging their chicken nuggets: they are placed like a cover over the drink. Very nifty!

We had fun making fun of the names of the dishes that we were ordering. There were the originals (like KFC original kitchen, but much better!) and then there was this particular chicken dish called the "Jerk BBQ". We could order family sets with the different choices of flavours of chicken.

One colleague said this when confirming our orders (not in front of the wait staff of course): "We are the originals and you are the jerks...you all like jerks so you all can take the jerks... .".

Another colleague replied," Never mind we hate jerks so we will eat them up."

When we have tasted the originals, ginseng crisp chicken and the jerks, one of them commented,"Actually, I like the jerks! They are very nice!"

We all had a good laugh. We were so ambitious that we went on to order desserts. Luckily we did not each order one serving as it was really huge! We all took the dessert called "Pat Bin Soo". It had rice cakes, lots of ice, ice cream and loads of other things.

I say, Jerks is the way to go for it is charbroiled in the chicken's own fat and the bbq sauce is simply mmmm-mmmmm. It might take longer for it to reach your table though as they charbroil it only when you order so make sure you are not too hungry.

p/s: No pictures coz I am not inclined to take them when I am enjoying myself. All that I need to remember is in my mind. Kekeke... .

No comments:

Post a Comment