Monday, July 28, 2008

Trek . Or 'kena' tracked by monkey?

I know, I know. I am working backwards, but my friends fill up my diary so much that I hardly want to touch the laptop when I reach home.

As usual, we did not manage to meet at the aforesaid time of 10am and by the time we reached Bishan, bought whatever stuff we needed to bring along as hunger saviour and had a very late breakfast (more like brunch), we reached Macritchie Reservoir at about 12 noon. Haha! Typical lazy urbanites, us!

The weather was exceptionally good though and the sun was hiding behind the clouds. Perfect for walking. After the treetop walk, I began to feel hungry and so we made a pit-stop at one of the benches. There was another group of English family with 2 kids. They were also eating. No sooner had a taken out my SoyJoy, did the monkey come a-looking at us.

I guess it was partly my fault. There were too many plastic bags and I was ruffling them around, trying to find my SoyJoy in the sea of things in my bag. It was sitting on the support handles for trekkers while edging nearer towards me and my (ex)-housemate (ehm), while both of us kept moving away. The only person he was afraid of or thought of as a threat, was my ehm's husband. It hissed at him.

Worse still, it saw me keep my snack and it knew that I had food. It came after me still. We kept screaming for my ehm's husband to distract the monkey so that we can get moving. It finally did get distracted and we ran down the wooden steps.

When we were at a very safe distance from the monkey, I quickly ate my snack bar as we continued to walk. Phew! What an experience!

2 comments:

  1. Soyjoy... Haha... I am having one now as I am reading your post. =)

    My new found snack bar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Love how it fills my stomach without making me feel guilty.

    It's my favourite new found snack bar for the moment. Hee!

    ReplyDelete