Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Travels and TV programmes

Recently, my family and I have been spending lots of family time together. I think that is one thing good that came out of this inflation and ERP crap: I stay home more, in order to spend less.

We watch a lot of TVBJ Hong Kong Cantonese serials. There is one particular serial that I am catching vehemently catching as two years ago, when I was in Hong Kong, it was showing and I did follow it a little.

I just find it interesting how a Hong Kong serial can cause one to remember the good times one had during travels. Just last night, my Dad and I were watching an episode of "Trimming Success" and he had the impression that he had seen a certain scene before. That was when I told him that we did watch that particular episode in Hong Kong and we even postponed dinner till about 8 plus in the evening just so that we could finish watching the episode.

Indeed, in retrospect, local TV programmes are an essential part in my travels. It helps me understand the local culture and also to remember my travels more vividly, just how I remember WWF dubbed in Korean was so funny I could not stop laughing at first! Soccer matches with Korean commentary was also very funny. I could only make out the names of the players and the rest, I had to make it out myself.

There was also the time when I re-visited Melbourne and I remember how I enjoyed watching their programmes as it brought back memories of university days. I remember exclaiming how Kerri-Anne and Burt Newton were such monsters as they still looked the same like ten years before. In fact, Kerri-Anne must have done something to her face as she looks much younger now.

One of my friends who had just come back from Melbourne was commenting on the lack of night activities there. I just told her about how I caught up with lost times with the square box!

No comments:

Post a Comment