Saturday, July 19, 2008

Catching up with friends

After signing many papers this morning, I met up with 2 of my Primary/Secondary school friends. It's been a long time since we met one another. We have been too caught up with our own lives.

We went to Turf City and had nice and cheap Malay food while one of my friends 'deposited' her daughter at this huge play space called Fidgets. Nowadays,kids' money is easy to earn. I remember the times when I went to Burger King's (I think)where they had a ball room and my Dad would let me go in there before our food came and I will be swimming in a sea of balls (Ooops! That did not sound quite right, but it was true!)It came complementary with our meal.

Now, one would need to pay to put their kids in a indoor playground to play. Of course, Fidgets is bigger, much bigger than the ball room at Burger King's. Just feel that kids' market is an over-exploited market.

We had a leisurely afternoon and thanks to my Dad, I saved some money by taking a free shuttle service from Toa Payoh Interchange. We talked about anything and everything under the sun. It was just like old times, except that my nose kept dripping despite me having taken medicine in the morning.

Anyhow, it was a leisurely afternoon that I enjoyed very much and I hope that there will be more of such lunches and afternoons.

No comments:

Post a Comment