Thursday, July 31, 2008

One last slightly leisurely afternoon

It is my last day of so-called freedom. Tomorrow I am back on full time again. Instead of my usual afternoon strolls and what-not s, I had to rush for night shift at my soon-to-be history part-time job.

Nevertheless, I managed to squeeze some time in between to enjoy myself. I need to find some bells to do craft work with and decided to go Takashimaya's Art Friend. Turns out that they no longer sell bells and they told me to try Spotlight instead.

Well, I did some window shopping instead. Wanted to buy myself a coffee mug from Coffeebean but I saw what the inside of the mug looked like and felt that it was not so safe for long-term usage. Thus I put it back.

Went to G2000blu and saw many clothing on sale, but because of time constraints I could not buy anything so...didn't spend any money there either.

The only place I splurged at was at Mr Sushi Grill, my favourite Japanese eatery. It was after all, going to be my last day at my old place and tomorrow will be a total new start. Thought I would give myself a silly excuse to treat myself. Order an "Ika Terriyaki set" and bought a box of salmon sashimi (which I think was a bomb, but still I wanted to eat. I have craved for salmon sashimi for the longest time. I didn't care if it was going to burn a whole in my pocket.

The sashimi was fresh, with the right amount of fat and oiliness. I enjoyed all 5 or 6 fat slices of it. See? I could not even remember how many slices of raw fish there were. It was simply yum, yum!

Ika is squid/ sotong. For this particular dish, it is grilled and it comes with sweetened sliced egg plants splashed with a generous serving of sesame seeds. Other side dishes include the typical salad with Japanese mayo and a bowl of miso soup. This is no ordinary miso soup though. It has got squids, fish meat, bits of carrot and even konyaku in it. I think for $10, it is quite value for money and quite a well-balanced meal too!

It was scrump-delicious! Only problem is that I had such a full meal that I was falling asleep behind the wheel!!!! It was so dangerous and I almost missed my exit at Woodlands. I had to keep slapping myself to keep myself awake. Singing did not help. It was terrible. I was also half wishing that it would not be my turn to do counter and then I could just scoot off to do some more shopping. Fat hope. Well, it would almost be over.

No comments:

Post a Comment