Saturday, July 19, 2008

Part one completed

My first appointment with HDB is over. Not buying flat but selling it of course. Now I will just have to wait till the last and final appointment will be September. I will have to act fast. I need to go and find out some stuff from my lawyers. If I can, I will already start filing.

It is not as if someone else is waiting for me at the other end of the line. On the contrary, I have no one at all. Yet, I feel fulfilled, for now. I don't know what it would be like when I start becoming full time and have to juggle studies at the same time, but I think I am ready to face that challenge.

The fact that I still want to go to work despite having sniffles in the mornings is proof enough that I love my job enough to want to keep going. If you sense the half enthusiasm in what I have just said, it is because I am afraid of jinxing it. I don't want to say that I LOVE my new job scope and I LOVE my new place etc, etc and then find out later that I have lost all passion for it. I am just being careful here.

My ex-colleagues have gotten bonuses and many were discussing on what to reward themselves with. I have nothing this year, but the strangest thing is that I still feel happy. I cannot afford big things like going for a holiday in Europe or Hokkaido or my watch (which I usually get when I get my bonus), but I feel fulfilled and happy.

Maybe it is because I am happy with my work place and am surrounded by friends that I really care about (see next post). Maybe I am finally learning what contentment is all about.

Whatever it is, I think I am ready to finally close a chapter of my life and leave it behind. I have spent many a year worrying that this day would come and that I would not know what to do, but now that I am here, I think I am doing OK.

No comments:

Post a Comment