Sunday, July 11, 2010

Orange

Some may think I am faddish by supporting the Dutch in this World Cup. Doesn't mean I have friend who has gone to stay in the Netherlands that I should support blindly, right? Wrong.

OK, so what if I did choose the Dutch team because my friend kept posting up fantastic pictures of everyone wearing orange? So what if I chose to support this team mainly because their team is called Oranje (Orange) and wears orange and wreaks orange? I simply love the colour orange.

Matter of the fact is, they already managed to prove themselves by playing their way to the finals. That in itself is reason enough for me to support them. Anyway, I always preferred to support the underdogs. I was going to tell you an example of a boy band that I used to like, but that would then reveal my age and/or the era that I come from. Therefore I shall refrain from doing so.

Whether or not the Dutch will when tomorrow, I will still be wearing my orange dress from Uniqlo and bring my orange stockings to change into after work (also from Uniqlo) to show my support. Hahaha! For in the end, even if they do not come in first, they are still runner-up, silver medalists, all!

p/s: did you notice the clock on my blog? I did not choose an intersection of an orange without much reasoning :)

No comments:

Post a Comment