Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Health-ier??

Hmm...after proclaiming publicly to be health-ier, I ate something not as healthy as I would like it to be: Korean chicken meat on sticks with rice. I think they called it chicken bulgogi set meal.

It is grilled and all but the thing is, there are little chunks of chicken skin on the stick and that makes it a little too fatty for my liking. Hee, actually, if it were pork, I really do not mind it at all. The fat is more solid and does not feel so squishy like those of chicken. Plus the fat of the pork adds to the texture of the meat itself.

Today though (as in Monday, since I am blogging this past 12 midnight), I thought I was going for the healthier chicken choice. Well, what can I say, not much difference! Guess what? As I am typing this, I just realised that I ate chicken rice twice today! Once at work and then for dinner!! Not that chicken is my all-time favourite, but I just happened to make this choice of food tonight (Monday). Mind you, if I can help it, I will not touch chicken wings. There is a story behind it but I shall save it for another day.

Anyhow, it was a satisfying meal though and ahem, I added a jumbo korean sausage to go with my dinner. The only thing I can console myself with is that nothing was deep fried.

No comments:

Post a Comment