Saturday, July 24, 2010

Box it up

Usually, one sms, one call from the friend, I would put everything down and join the friend in whatever the friend has suggested we do. Today, I am tired. Physically and mentally tired.

The friend had asked to meet for lunch, but I actually turned the friend down. I woke up real early today to get to work by 7am and I needed to come home to take my cough medicine. You see, I was supposed to be on M.C for the last two days but I really did not care to stay home. There was a lack of staff and if I did take anymore M.Cs, I would be inviting unwanted gossip.

Was feeling a little down after that, not quite sure whether it was the medicine or my own feelings. Anyway, I just feel that I am slowly mentally sifting out the emotional lovey-dovey parts from the friendship parts and putting the former into a box to be stored away in one part of my memory forever. Until such a time that I need it, then I will bring it out again, on condition that it will not be painful to myself.

I am on my way to closure. I can almost hear the sad violin playing in the background, but I refuse to be sad and I refuse to mope. I will walk with a smile to embrace a new chapter in my life, slowly but surely. Things will be different. The friend will not know, but at least I know that I will be better, soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment