Monday, July 12, 2010

Mondays

Today, like any other Monday, was a rather sucky, tiring day. It was my turn to do the opening shift again. It is the day that nobody really wants to do the opening shift, least of all, me. I have to sleep earlier on Sunday just to ensure that I wake up on time to catch the 6.20am train to work. Being a night owl, that did not suit me at all.

I often ended up having to take a cab to work, but I have learned that taking cabs is an expensive affair and so, the only way to solve the problem is to wake up earlier! It is painful. I have tried leaving my table lamp on, keeping my radio on and lifting up my curtains a little more just so that the brightness from the sky would wake me up faster, but all of no use as I still often oversleep and have to end up rushing.

The only consolation is that I have a few hours to unwind before I get to my night classes. Today, armed with my fresh supply of books from yesterday, I ate a sandwich with fries from this Bratwurst Shop at Plaza Singapura (yes, there again coz I wanted to print out photos instantly and that was the only place I could think of where there was one). Of course I know of other places but it would be too far for me to go before my lessons.

Anyhow, it was a grumpy, coughy Monday, but I shall not complain. The less negativity, the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment