Saturday, July 10, 2010

Closure

Met up with an 'old' friend from Uni days yesterday (Friday). We were for some parts of our lives, 'detached' from each other as she set up her own family and had a successful career. Things have changed a bit but we got connected again through Facebook.

There was another friend, Let's call her "friend A", whom we were very close to but till now, I still refused to accept in Facebook. Maybe it is because I could see what sort of person she is and remembered the not-so-nice things that she did to me during Uni days or maybe, part of me just did not want to tell her that I am a divorcee. That would be admitting that she is better off than me...in a certain way. Don't get me wrong though. It is not that I dislike this status but with friends who like to compare, I just wished to keep a safe distance. I would rather not go there.

Anyway, this 'old' friend that I met up, told me that Friend A had news for me that this person that I used to be seeing during my Uni days, has died. He died quite some years back now.

I was not surprised. I already kind of knew that he was no longer in this world but someone telling me in my face became a formal closure for me. I told my 'old' friend that I was OK and that I was not affected (much), but that night when I came home, I did not really sleep well. No, I did not cry. I think I was past that for this one was a relationship that was never going to work out and I have let go a long time ago. It was just that from time to time, I used to wonder where he was and what he was doing and whether or not I could find him on Facebook.

That night, I reminisced about us back in those days. Those were bittersweet memories that will now have to be packed neatly and kept in a box somewhere, to be stored inside a corner of my heart.

Rest in peace, Y.S.C.

No comments:

Post a Comment