Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Hunger and lust

Hmm! I know what you must be thinking when you see this title of my post. well, it is a little play on the words and you shall find out why shortly, like, right after reading this.

Today, I was really hungry as I was doing closing shift and swore myself into not buying any titbits. That way, I can watch my weight, a little. I finally decided to go to Olive Fusion at the food court of Raffles City (Level 3) after work. I think I mentioned in one of the posts that I had a crush on the Chinese chef. He has slit eyes like mine. :p

That was the "hunger" part of my story. Of course, to add lust to the "hunger" part, it would be that he added a little more spaghetti for me. No! Yes, he did! I saw him add that wee bit more as he was finishing up with the cooking of my dish. It made me feel special even though his intention may purely be due to the fact that I am such a regular. Somehow, I was conjuring up a lot of images in my mind :P

By the way, even though there are many choices on the menu, I somehow always end up with spaghetti pesto. There are more than one Olive Fusion outlets in food courts and I first started out with the Bugis outlet. Seriously though, I prefer the Raffles City one as he cooks to my liking. The pesto is not too wet and oily, just coating the pasta and giving it a fragrant, nutty and herb-y taste. The Bugis chef however, makes it too wet and soggy and there was once, he put so much garlic and did not cook it too well that I was tearing throughout my meal!! I was a walking garlic bomb after that.

This Raffles City chef though, does everything perfectly. Plus point of course, is that I like watching him cook. Sigh...what is with me and chefs? Is it because of their chef's uniform (as opposed to policemen in their uniforms)?

No, actually the object of my lust is not the man/chef. It was a pair of Clarks Sports shoes, several to be exact. I am planning for my trip to the Netherlands, right? While I have a pair of beautiful Doc Marts' mary janes, I am just worried that the weight of the shoe itself would give me sore feet for the whole of my journey. The other thing is that I would have to find suitable socks to go with it. Most of my socks collections are ankle high ones (or does one call it sockettes?). I would really have to look into how I can save on this area.

I kept finding one beautiful shoe after another and I kept trying them on to see how it would look on my small little feet, how comfortable it would feel and whether I was able to walk long distances in them. The touch of the leather and the comfort of the insoles, they were enough to make me erm...high. Hee! But of course, I needed to control myself. I have promised myself not to buy any clothings, shoes whatsoever and it's mid-month and I have bought nothing! I shall have to keep to that promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment