Thursday, July 15, 2010

Eavesdropping

Nothing much happened today, except that I walked to SingPost centre to have my lunch as the cook cooked something that I used to like but now, am quite frankly sick of: it's fried ee fu noodles.

It was hot like hell on my way there and back and I felt like a barbecued turkey after that. I ate yong tau fu (my choice of food nowadays, as it is not too oily). What was interesting were the two guys sitting one seat away from me on a long table. I think one of them is a doctor for he could not stop talking about cancer, good cells, bad cells and so on. Really. Quite tasteless to be talking about illnesses and diseases when one is eating. Didn't their mums and dads teach them?

Every sentence had the word "cancer" in it and this doctor guy (I presume that he is) seems to want the whole world to hear what he was saying. He told his friend (whom I think is doing his Masters of sorts, as he mentioned about "finishing the thesis") that he should try "virgin coconut oil" or was it "extra virgin coconut oil". It was as if doctor guy was trying to create the next new buzz word and/or buzz product by word of mouth.

Frankly, I found it very tasteless and an uncool thing to do. Besides, just because the virgin olive oil is getting so much limelight, now all sorts of oils must be virgins?? Oh well, according to him, this extra virgin coconut oil is supposed to be good for the health (Ha!) I just say, everything in moderation.

OK, OK, so I was eavesdropping but they were not exactly very discreet with their conversation either. In actual fact, their voice volumes were bordering on rudeness and inconsideration. Well, the only excuse for them I can think of is that the food court was full of people and was rather noisy. Either that or one of them could be hard of hearing.

After lunch, I trotted off to my favourite de-stressing place: Popular Bookshop and bought myself some stationery necessities. As I exited the entrance of the building, I remembered seeing some handphone cases that I needed so badly. Mine was the faux leather casing type with a magnetic clasp that will flip open. The stuff in the casing that was supposed to hold my handphone has come to bits and was barely clinging on to my phone. My phone had slipped out of it's own casing and the casing had defeated its purpose in protecting my phone. Get it?

Long and short of it is that I needed to change the handphone cover. I had searched my whole neighbourhood, which is one of the most famous heartland neighbourhood shopping area in Singapore and yet, I could not find a case and/or one that was nice enough for me to want.

Today, I tried my luck. Like I said, I was exiting the building and stopped by at the store. After some queries from store owner and some recommendations later, I took an orangey-red 'condom' cover for my handphone. No more flips and flaps and no more bulky cases. This one just slips on nicely over the the phone and hugs it snugly. Sure, it does not protect the screen of the phone but then, I already have a protective sheet over it.

I'm a happy girl now! It's not as orange as I want it to be but I am still a happy girl nevertheless! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment