Sunday, July 11, 2010

Correction (hopefully the last) and updates

Don't need to wait for Monday to unravel the mystery about Sunny Bookshop. Indeed, I was right the first time round. They are NO LONGER at Far East Plaza.

I could not wait till tomorrow to get fresh supplies of story books and thought I would go to EMF (another secondhand bookshop) at Plaza Singapura. When I reached the 6th floor, surprise, surprise!!! I see those big familiar words with that screw driver on the letter "S": Sunny Bookshop. EMF is gone, for good!

I plunged into the sea of books and started looking and searching. It is still quite messy, not the sort of organisation I am used to while working in the library, but this would suffice as I satisfied my hunger for books and pleasurable reading.

Halfway through searching, a local celebrity of the theatrical kind even popped by to look for a certain book! It was Karen Tan and I do so admire her works as an actor with the theatre. She could not find what she wanted but thanked the staff and told her not to worry if she could not find the book, as she simply just loves the feel of a secondhand bookshop. How nice, so do I!

At first, I only took 3 books but the girl told me that if I took one more, my loan period would be extended to two and a half months per book! What a bonus! Finally, not one to miss out on such great opportunity, I lugged 4 books around town with me.

The old shop was indeed on Level 3 (so my memory did not fail me)and the present shop at Plaza Singapura, Level 6 is the only store they have, i.e. they have shifted there permanently. Bliss for me still, as it is still not too far away from home.

No comments:

Post a Comment