Thursday, March 26, 2009

Good service recovery

It used to be that I would really fume and kick up a big fuss if service was even slightly not up to my par. Nowadays, it could just be an age thing or perhaps, I just got it.

I was eating at Superdog, Vivo City today and the cashier got my order wrong. Instead of a superdog hotdog, she gave me a burger. I could see it coming for when she repeated my order, she said burger and I had to say, "no, hotdog" and point it out to her. Mistake was still made.

The guy first brought me a square box and I was so quick to jump to the conclusion that I said, "no, this was not what I..." then I opened the box and realised it was my beloved chilli cheese fries. Relieve, as I was hungry. He was about to take away my number placard when I told him I still have a superdog.

Five minutes, 'superdog' came, but in the form of a burger. I told the guy very calmly that I had order superdog. He was also very humorous and told me it was no problem.

Sure wasn't a problem until I wondered whether they had overcharged me :) I was in a good mood and as I did not get any receipt, I took my one and only evidence (the number placard) to the counter. I asked the supervisor (who had served me the fries earlier) whether there were discrepencies in my bill. He was really nice too and told me he would check. I guess he too was so nervous that he told me he would get back to me in 20 minutes!!

My goodness, 20 minutes? I was starting to wonder whether he needed to call HQ to get permission to refund. Kekeke...Or did he mean that my hotdog would come in 20 minutes?!

Anyhow, all was resolved. Supervisor was apologetic but I was not in that sort of mood to shout and be angry. No point. Or maybe, just maybe, the chilli cheese fries worked some magic for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment