Sunday, April 5, 2009

Rediscovery

I went to Sentosa today(or rather, yesterday, since the date on this blog entry shows 5th April). One of my colleagues is going back to her hometown and would like to see the place again before she left, so we just went.

This time around, I did not do any 'homework'; no internet research whatsoever. I just went there with an open mind and my oh my! What a surprise I had! There were so many attractions and new stuff. One of them being the GoGreen Segway ride. I first saw the late Pope John Paul II riding it. Now I have ridden on it too!

At first, I was afraid of losing balance but I soon took to it like fish to water. Speaking about fish, I also enjoyed the very spectacular, multi-sensory, multimedia show, "Songs of the Sea". It's main character was this cute tiger fish and I couldn't resist but buy a plush toy straight after the show.I got a discount too! It was actually going for $9.90 but with my show ticket, I got the toy for $5!

The very first attraction we went into though, was the Butterfly Park. There I fed some feathered friends honey. I was really excited about it as I had always wanted to come close to birds but could never really do it. This time around, they were on my hands, on my head (no poo-poo, don't worry) and on my shoulder! Almost made me wish I had a bird as a pet.

The finale was the cable car ride back to the main island. I think either it's been too long since my last ride or I am really getting old. I was getting all freaky whilst being suspended in mid-air! Well, at least not as bad as one of my colleagues. Her palms and feet were all sweaty after we alighted. It did not help that the youngest amongst us was purposely shaking the car, making both of us all jittery and worked up.

All in all though, I had a wonderful time!

No comments:

Post a Comment