Friday, March 6, 2009

Did you know?

Today, I chanced upon those branded goods sale at Suntec City. There were Levi's clothes and jeans and Liz Claiborne stuff. If I were not going into JB soon I would not even think twice about grabbing many pieces, but I restricted myself to two.

When I was paying for my stuff, this lady came up to ask the cashier what size is 6? Both of us replied that it is either a small or extra small. Then she asked another funny question as to why the pants was so big then.

Well, the next most natural thing that came out from both our mouths was that these were American sizes. I mean, what do you expect?? It is Liz Claiborne leh. She mumbled that the sizing seem strange.

Hee, then I told her that if she wanted to know whether it fits, to put the waist of the pants round her own neck. If it does go around with some allowance for some fingers, then she would be able to wear it.

She walked away and came back to ask whether this was true and the cashier totally agreed with me. She told me that that was the way she bought pants too. I had to reiterate that "the neck is equivalent to the waist".

She said, "Wow! I didn't know that!". Then went in search of more pants.

To me, this is a shopaholic must-know for what happens when there is a mega sale and there is a whole line of people waiting to go into the changing room? Measure with the neck of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment